Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Eternal Sunset by Mrs. Aggett





Eternal Sunset by Mrs. Aggett
What if Edward was the new student at Forks High School? Twilight with a slashy twist.


Rated: Fiction M - English - Romance/Drama - Edward & Jasper WIP
 
 
 
 
This story is definitely Twilight with a twist.  Edward and his sister Bella are new to Forks.  When they arrive, everyone is very curious about them, including a group of vampires that call Forks home.   The Cullen Family, which Jasper is a member.   Jasper has always wondered why he has always been alone, always hoping to find his mate.  Hoping that mates really do exist.  He's never had anyone affect him in a way that made him want to do anything and everything for that person.  Alice kept telling him that he would eventually find his mate, but never who it was, or when it would be.  He never expected he would find his mate when he did.
 
 
As soon as he sees Edward, he knows, his world is turned upside down.  And while his instinct is to take Edward and claim him, he's afraid of killing him.  He immediately goes to Carlisle for advice, as he has no idea what to do next....
 
  "The sound of his voice calmed me a bit, and I took a deep breath before speaking. "Carlisle, I found my mate...he's in one of my classes at school. He had to sit next to me and I had to fight myself not to take him right there in class. Please, I don't know what to do. Are you at the hospital?"
"Calm down, son. I'm at home. Are you coming?"
"On my way," I replied, then shoved my phone back into my pocket, running home at full speed. When I walked into the house, Esme waited for me with a big smile on her face. I knew she wanted to tell me she was happy for me, but I needed Carlisle. Surely, he'd help me figure out what to do. I'd always thought mates were something Maria made up to get me to stay with her. After one look at Edward, though, I knew she'd spoken the truth, and I had no idea what I'd do with a mate. Yes, I was lonely, but he was human. What would I do with him? We couldn't hunt together or anything like that. Humans were so fragile. One wrong move and I'd break him."



While Jasper likes the smell of Edward's blood, that's not all that draws him in.  He really wants to claim him, he wants everyone to know that Edward is his.  He struggles with trying to keep control of his instincts and not hurt Edward accidentally.  Edward unknowingly tempts him so many times.  Simply by kissing Jasper, when things get a little heated it's all Jasper can do  to stay in control.  Luckily his family is there to help. 


Edward doesn't seem to know what to think of Jasper.  Luckily the story is told in both POV's so you know exactly how he feels.  At the beginning he's just tired of all the High School being so interested in him and his twin Bella.  Something Bella doesn't mind at all.  He  can't understand why Jasper reacts the way he does when they first meet.  Something other students also notice.  I like how Jasper is written, he's so lonely.  He's been willing to wait all those years for the one person who he knows will truly be his, solely based on what Alice tells him.  He never expected to meet his mate in High School, or for him to be human. 



He's so conflicted, he fights to stop himself from simply touching Edward.  The pull to him is so strong, it's hard for him to ignore.  I really like how Jasper's family is really there for him.  They know how hard this is for him and really want to help him...except Rosalie....no surprise there.   Jasper is so innocent in trying to get to know Edward better, he's very loving and just sweet.  The Cullens all decide to just tell Edward.   I love how Carlisle handles this, although I'm pretty sure it had to be quite shocking for Edward. 

"So, you won't eat me?" Edward asked with a nervous laugh, and Emmett cracked up.

"Jasper might," he guffawed, and my mate looked absolutely terrified. I could have killed Emmett right then.

"What are you talking about?" he demanded. "You just said I was safe."

"You are," Carlisle insisted, giving Emmett a dirty look. "You see, Edward, we don't follow all the lore you hear about vampires. We don't burn in the sun, we don't sleep in coffins, or any of that. Along with the cold skin and strength and speed, there is one more thing we do."

"What is it?" Edward asked in a small voice.

"Every vampire has one true destined mate. It is the one sole person in the world who completes us," he continued, and I felt nervous and excited. This was it.

When Carlisle finished explaining, Edward asked, "And?"

Looking my mate directly in the eyes, I said softly, "You are mine, Edward."


I wonder how Edward felt hearing that, it had to be quite a shock.  Imagine being a teenager and finding out that your destined to have the love of a vampire forever.  You can just imagine some of the situations that will be hard for these two.  Jasper is extremely protective of Edward, and sometimes finds it hard to let Edward interact with other people.  Most of Jasper's reactions are purely out of instinct.  But through it all he truly loves Edward, and can't imagine his life without him now that he's found him.  In his heart of hearts he hopes Edward is able to accept him for what he is and love him as deeply.   I think Edward and Jasper are going to have some definite challenges, but hopefully they end up happy together.


If you have read any of Mrs Aggett's other stories then you know the quality of her writing.  She's very good at expressing deep emotions, and throwing in some humour to break it up a little.   I really like this story, it's Twilight but it's not.  It's actually better.  Give it a try you won't be disappointed.  Mrs Aggett's pre-reader is Delphius Fanfic and her beta is Layne Faire.  I think they make a great team. 














No comments:

Post a Comment